Who are we?
Stellar is an Irish registered Limited Company which has the skills, experience and capability to fulfil all of your organisation’s certification needs.
The company was incorporated in April 2012 and accredited by the Irish National Accreditation Board (INAB) for EN 50131, Intrusion and Hold Up Alarm Systems.
We have assembled a senior management team which we believe is second to none in terms of its experience with management systems and certification. We invite you to read further about the key capabilities and experience of our team and how we can help improve your business, impress your clients, reduce the costs associated with poor quality, safeguard your data and records, and improve your ranking in future tender bids.
What do we do?
In short, we work with you and your team to achieve certification across a range of management and security standards. We assist your company, from set up to certification, in the following areas:
Private Security Authority (PSA) Suite of Standards
- PSA 31: 2014 (Phase 1 Licensing, Door Supervision & Security Guarding) / (Door Supervision – Event security & Security Guarding – Event security).
- PSA 28: 2013 (Door Supervision & Security Guarding)
- PSA 39: 2014 (Licensing Requirements – Event Security Door Supervision & Security Guarding Contractors)
- EN 50131 (Alarm Installation-Intruder Alarm & Hold Up Systems)
- S.I. 144: 2012 (Access Control)
- PSA 2006_12 (CCTV)
- PSA 74: 2019 Standard for the licencing of Security Service Providers
- PSA 42: 2015 (Private Investigators)
- PSA 33: 2014 (CCTV Monitoring & Alarm Monitoring Centres)
International Standards (ISO)
- ISO 9001 – 2008 (Quality Assurance)
- ISO 14001 – 2004 (Environmental Management system)
- OHSAS 18001 – 2007 (Health and Safety Management System)
- ISO 27001 – 2013 (Information Security Assurance
- IS 3218 Fire Detection & Alarm Systems
How we do it
Method – we make initial contact with all clients to assess their needs and wants, ensuring that they have the correct fit between what they want and what they need. We also determine what current systems and procedures are in place and identify any actual or potential gaps. Once the client is ready to proceed, one of our audit team will arrange to undertake a full onsite audit of the relevant systems, policies and procedures, adducing necessary evidence as we proceed.
Once complete, we meet with the client to discuss findings and any areas of non conformance to the relevant standard. These may be major, minor or merely observations. If none exist, certification will be arranged promptly. In the event that we cannot issue an immediate certificate, clients will be given a timeline for corrective action to be taken and, once complete to the necessary level, a certificate of compliance will be issued promptly.
Style – all of our auditors are trained and experienced. They are all experts in their particular field. Whilst we undertake all audits in a professional manner, without fear or favour, we are objective in our assessment and only seek evidence of compliance to the particular standard . We are not there to interfere with the running of your company and will not provide advice or consultancy on how to do it. Please be assured, however, that we ourselves are audited annually by INAB, we therefore understand what it feels like to be subject of an audit and all of our team are trained and schooled in empathy and sensitivity.
Confidentiality – two areas are uppermost in our client dealings: client satisfaction and confidentiality. We will only seek evidence to support what we are assessing. We do not seek to delve further into your company business. Any company documents that we require copies of, will be treated with utmost confidentiality. We are registered with the Data Protection commision ( registered number 15812 / A) All of our auditors sign confidentiality agreements as part of their terms and conditions while auditing in your company.
Our levels of experience and expertise
Our senior management team has a wealth of knowledge, experience and expertise. Whilst any process, procedure or system can be copied, people are unique and we consider them our key source of advantage. Please take a couple of minutes to read about the experience and expertise we offer you:
Philip Duffy is Stellar’s Managing Director and CEO with over 35 years experience in the public service, having held a range of management positions. Philip has extensive experience, working knowledge and expertise within the environmental and planning fields. Philip also has considerable expertise in the development and auditing of quality management systems.
Liam Murphy is Stellar’s Technical Director and Company Secretary. Liam leads on all PSA security standards. His corporate background is within the telephony and electronics industry, working at Eircom in Dublin City and the eastern region. Liam has particular expertise in network security, having coordinated the network around Dublin City, during visits of top dignitaries and major sporting events. As a senior Executive Engineer, Liam also introduced quality management systems to the eastern region, achieving ISO 9001 certification in 2003.
He also has considerable audit and certification experience and expertise, having previously held an executive role in an Irish Certification company, acting as Technical Manager, with responsibility for the PSA suite of standards. In 1999 he graduated with a diploma in Quality Management from University Limerick.
- All of our prices are quoted in full. No attempt will be made to hide or manufacture additional charges
- All of our auditors have expertise and experience within the fields they audit
- We will always be objective during assessments and audits, ensuring impartiality and fairness at all times
- A member of our senior management team will contact all clients personally to discuss their requirements and expectations in relation to certification
- All of our audit reports are cross-checked and reviewed by peers, for both accuracy and objectivity
- We contact all clients at the conclusion of an audit, to establish their feedback on our performance and level of satisfaction
- We retain an independent committee to oversee our integrity and guarantee impartiality (Committee For Safeguarding Impartiality), and we have a designated customer complaints procedure.
Thank you for taking the time to read about us. We are confident that we can offer you the best combination of quality and value around.